Yield: 8-10 Servings; Time: 2 hours
- 3 Thick Cut Pork Steaks
- 1 32 oz bag of Diced Potato Hash Browns,
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Small Package of Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Cups of Sour Cream
- TT Salt
- TT White Pepper
- 2T Granulated Garlic
- 3 Cups Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper both sides of each pork steak.
- Sear both sides of the pork steak in a hot cast iron pan. Do not cook all the way through, just create a good crust.
- Set aside to rest.
- Rinse the mushrooms and cut into small to medium dice.
- Combine the melted butter, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mushrooms and cheese.
- Dice the pork steaks into 1/2 inch cubes and add to the mixture.
- Stir in the hash browns.
- Place mixture in a 9 x 13 glass baking pan. Bake at 375º for 45 mins to 1 hour until hash browns are cooked and a nice golden brown crust has formed on the top.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Go Rogue by adding Shrimp or Crawfish to this dish. If you’d like Chef Jeff to make this dish or any other meal for you, contact him at www.TheRogueChefBranson.com.
Check out this published recipe in The Branson Globe.