Prep Time 1 hour 25 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 5 minutes
Servings 20 biscuits
1 ¼ oz pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
¾ C Warm Water
¼ C Sugar
2 C Buttermilk
¼ C Lemon Lime Soda
2 T Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
½ C Pickled Jalapeños, mince
¼ C Jalapeños Juice
3 ½ C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 ½ to 5 C AP Flour
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar, buttermilk, lemon lime soda, jalapeño juice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the jalapenos and cheese.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, until the dough is soft but not sticky.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and roll to about ¾ in thick.
- Cut out about 20, 2 ½ – inch biscuits.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 in a glass baking pan.
- Arrange the biscuits in the pan so they are touching, then cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a 375 degree oven until golden brown. Brush with melted butter.
Go Rogue by replacing Cheddar Cheese with Henning’s Dragon’s Breath Wisconsin Cheese.
If you’d like Chef Jeff to make this delicious recipe or any other meal for you, contact him at www.TheRogueChefBranson.com.
Check out this published recipe in The Branson Globe.