Yield: 2-4 Serving
Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 2 T Butter
- ¼ C Brown Sugar
- ¼ C Agave Syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, add butter, brown sugar, agave syrup, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Simmer on medium heat
- In another pan, boil ½ gallon of water, add carrots, and boil for 5 minutes
- Drain carrots
- Add carrots to brown sugar mixture
- Toss carrots in mixture and let simmer until carrots are tender
- Transfer the candied carrots to a serving dish and drizzle remaining glaze over the top
Go Rogue by adding one ounce of Whiskey or Amaretto (w/toasted almonds) and flambé the carrots as they are being tossed.
If you’d like Chef Jeff, The Rogue Chef, to make this side or another delicious meal for you, contact him at www.TheRogueChefBranson.com.
Check out this published recipe in the Branson Globe.