Serves 5 Time 50 mins
- 2 lbs Bone-In Skin-On Chicken Wings, thawed
- 2 T Olive Oil, for roasting wings
- 3 Large Tea Bags
- 1 C Sugar
- ⅓ C Brown Sugar
- 1 T Coarse Sea Salt
- 7 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Lime sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns
- 2 C Ice
- Bring 3 cups of water and sugar to a boil, add tea bags, remove from heat and steep the bags for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to warm tea and 2 cups of ice.
- Add chicken wings.
- Place in a glass container and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove wings from marinade and place on a roasting pan.
- Strain marinade.
- Place marinade in a stock pot and reduce down until a syrup consistency, for tossing.
- Drizzle olive oil on the wings.
- Cook for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 375°F.
- Flip wings over and continue to cook for 20-30 minutes or until the thermometer reads 165°F internal temperature. The skin should be crispy and golden brown.
- Toss wings in the reduced marinade.
- Transfer wings to a platter and serve with additional lime slices.
Go Rogue by making a Whiskey Glaze for tossing.
If you’d like Chef Jeff to make this dish or any other meal for you, contact him at www.TheRogueChefBranson.com.
Here is the published recipe in the Branson Globe.