Yield: 2 portions; Time: 45 mins
- 2 6 oz Portions of Cod
- 12 ea Multi Colored Baby Potatoes
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of White Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 T Butter
- 4 T Mushroom Sage Olive Oil
- 1 C Jasmine Rice
- 3 tsp Saffron
- 2 C Fish Stock
- 1 T Diced Onion
- ½ T Diced Carrots
- ½ T Diced Celery
- 1 T Chopped Terrigan
- Put saffron in fish stock and warm slightly. Let rest for about 30 mins.
- Saute onions, carrots, garlic clove, and celery, using 2T of mushroom sage olive oil, until soft.
- Slice potatoes thin and evenly on a mandolin.
- Pat sliced potatoes and cod with a paper towel to absorb some moisture.
- Season cod with salt and pepper.
- Add Jasmine rice to saffron and fish stock. Cook on medium heat until the rice is fluffy.
- Shingle the potato slices onto the front and back of the cod, resembling scales.
- Add 2T mushroom mage olive oil and butter to a heated cast iron skillet.
- Place the cod in the skillet top side facing up.
- Flip the cod once the potatoes are GBD (Golden Brown and Delicious).
- Cook skin side until it is also GBD.
- Place half the cooked rice in the middle of a plate. Add 1 piece of cooked cod and garnish with chopped terrigan.
Go Rogue by substituting Habanero Butter for regular butter.
If you’d like Chef Jeff to make this dish or any other meal, contact him at www.TheRogueChefBranson.com.
Check out this published recipe in The Branson Globe.