Prep Time 20 minutes; Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 6 to 8
- 1 C White Rice
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 16 oz Andouille Sausage, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 3 Celery, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 28 oz cans Red or Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 C Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium thick bottomed pot and add the sausage. Cook over medium heat until browned.
- In the same pot, add the celery, peppers, and onions. Cook until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and the Cajun Seasoning. Add more to taste. Cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the bay leaves, kidney beans, chicken stock, rice, and sausage.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook until slightly reduced (approximately 15 minutes).
- Remove the bay leaves and add salt and pepper to taste.
Go Rogue by adding Fresh Head-on Gulf Shrimp.
If you’d like Chef Jeff to make this delicious recipe or any other meal for you, contact him at www.TheRogueChefBranson.com.
Check out the published recipe in The Branson Globe.